From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:00:14 -0400

Last week I asked if anyone knew of a gluten free beef broth that I could buy to make Beef Stroganoff.  Below are the responses.  Thank you to everyone who responded.

6 people suggested Swanson (800-44-BROTH)
5      "     suggested Kitchen Basics (in a box) - chicken, vegetable and beef
3      "     suggested Imagine Foods (also in box) -   "         "                    "
3      "     said they used Health Valley - chicken and beef - see note below
2      "     said Better than Bouillon
2      "     suggested Pacific Foods Organic
2      "     suggested Watkins Beef Base

A few others mentioned were Manischewitz, Sweet Sue (800-633-3294) and Better than Bouillon (paste).
Many suggested bouillon cubes.  Herb Ox, Knorr, Kroger's brand and McCormick's were some of the brands used.

Some other very good suggestions:
www.google.com

Lots listed at http://homepage.mac.com/sholland/celiac/GFfoodlist.pdf
or at http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

And from Shop By Diet:
We sell Health Valley Fat Free Beef Flavored Broth.
Here is the link. Health Valley claims it is made from gluten-free ingredients, but the potential of cross-contamination exists so use caution.

http://www.shopbydiet.com/info.php?id=1321&diet_info=0

We also sell a Beef Stroganoff kit by Mrs. Leepers which is definitely gluten-free.

http://www.shopbydiet.com/info.php?id=2206&category=&diet_info=0
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
James
www.ShopByDiet.com
Tell Your Friends!

I also received an email that said
"go to the soup isle, pick up a package...read the ingredients...duh?????"
All I can say is I wish our lives were that easy.

Thanks again,
Ginny Mingolla