From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:47:04 -0400

CODY WY INFO
"There is a deli here in town called Peters Cafe that is known for their
sandwiches.  They do not shred their lettuce, and will do a lettuce wrap.
Might be a good idea to call ahead.  They are downtown on Sheridan Ave.
Phone number is 307-527-5040.  We also have an excellant BBQ place.  Bubbas
is know for there ribs, steaks etc.  Have not gone in a long time, but when
I checked there BBQ sauce was gluten free.  It is also on Sheridan Ave.
going toward Yellowstone entrance.  Their number is 307-587-7427."

"The town has grown a lot since I left nine years ago, but I can recommend a
couple of really good restaurants that I am certain can accommodate your
needs: The Proud Cut and Maxwell's, both  down town.  Maxwell's is in
walking distance of the Buffalo Bill Historical Center--a must-see while
you're in Cody.  I used to be the head of the education department there.
Allot plenty of time.  It's a big museum.  Certainly not what you'd expect
to find in such an out-of-the-way place.  There are all the usual fast food
spots as well...Cody will always be in my blood!   And have fun.  It's a
great place...truly God's country."

Bubba’s Bar-B-Que
512 Yellowstone Ave
307-587-7427

Maxwell's
937 Sheridan Ave.
Cody, Wyo., 82414-3528
(307) 527-7749

Peter’s Café
1191 Sheridan Avenue
Cody WY 82414
Menu:  http://www.codynetwork.com/_includes/menus/petersbakery.asp
307-527-5040

The Proud Cut Saloon
1227 Sheridan Avenue
Cody WY 82414

"Each store has it's particular benefits...Mountain High has pretzels and,
Whole Foods has cookies etc.  Both have the flours.  I tend to go to Whole
Foods more often.  Beth is the owner of Whole Foods.  Tell her I recomended
them."

"There is an Albertson's for groceries, and I recall a  health food store on
Rumsey Avenue, but who knows if it is still there and what kind of GF
products they carry.  I didn't know anything about Celiac when I was there.
With all the growth, I'd bet there is at least one health food store
somewhere."

Whole Foods Trading Co
1239 Rumsey Ave
Phone:  (307) 587-3213
Natural Food Store. No produce.
Directions: From Rte 14 (Sheridan Ave), at 12th St go north one block and
turn right and this place on right a half-block down.

Mountain High Health Foods
1914 17th St
Phone:  (307) 587-1700

Albertson's Food & Drug
Pharmacy, Cody
1825 17th St
Phone:  (307) 527-7426

JACKSON WY INFO
Restaurant menus:
http://www.jacksonholenet.com/entertainment/restaurant_menus.php

"We ate twice at bubba's barbeque as they were kid friendly and gluten free
friendly.  We also ate at an Italian restaurant on the road to teton village
from Jackson that cooked gluten free pasta we dropped off earlier in the
day.  The name of the restaurant escapes me but it is on route 910 and is
next door to a Mexican restaurant on the east side of the road. We also ate
at our hotel snake river lodge and spa. The service was not great for an
expensive restaurant. We made sandwiches for nch or stopped once or twice at
subway. Subway has a gluten free menu on the web. "

Bubba's Barbeque
515 West Broadway
307 733 2288
Menu:
http://www.jacksonholenet.com/images/content/menus/2004jhdg_bubbas.pdf

"There is a health food store in Jackson that has some basic food
supplies(cereal, bread and pasta).  i believe it  was harvest organic foods.
they have a restaurant in the back of the store."

Wyoming Wild Crafters
150 East Hansen Avenue -
(307) 733-6731

Harvest Organic Foods