From:
Aimee Rye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aimee Rye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:42:29 -0500

First I'd like to say thanks to all those that emailed me with there
info and input.  The Delphi Forums has a pretty good list although a
lot of products had not been checked in a long time. (
<http://www.Delphiforums.com>,  go to the Health & Wellness, then the
Celiacs site ).  I am in contact with some vendors to find out if
they can offer me any info.  I'll pass that information along in Part
2 of my summary.  In the meantime....

Here is a brief summary of products passed along through email by
some of you as being GF:

Almay
Clinique
Nuetrogena
Origins
Prescriptives

    ********************

Courtesy of Kathy Mead:

Mary Kay Cosmetics Information

LIPSTICK
Someone recently gave me a tube of Mary Kay lipstick so I called the
company to check on its gluten status.  I was told someone would call
me back and they did and assured me that their lipstick was gluten
free.  They offered to send me their product ingredient list and when
it arrived I doubled checked and low and behold their lipstick
contains wheat germ oil. I guess the moral of this story is that
checking and double-checking continue to be necessary.

Date:    Wed, 7 May 2003 11:13:12 -0500
Subject: gf skin care & cosmetics
I have a teenager with Celiac Disease and I also have my own Mary Kay
business.  I have worked with the Medical Relations Department at
Mary Kay Corporate in Dallas and we have found all the Mary Kay skin
care, cosmetic and sun protection products to be gluten free except
the following:

lipstick, lip liner and lip gloss ARE GLUTEN FREE

NOT GF

3-In-1 Cleansing Bar
Gentle Cleansing Cream
Advanced Moisture Renewal Treatment Cream
Daily Protection Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 15
Extra Emollient Night Cream
Day Solution with Sunscreen SPF 15
Instant-Action Eye Cream
Satin Lips Lip Balm
MK Signature Concealer
MK Signature Eyesicles Eye Color
MK Signature Brow Liner
MK Signature Classic Blonde Brow Definer Pencil
MK Signature Endless Performance Mascara
MK Signature Flawless Mascara
MK Signature Nail Enamel

    ********************

Courtesy of Diane Carter:

There is one listing that has all of the various names for glutens in
categories under wheat, rye, barley, oats.....
 <http://www.gfcfdiet.com>www.gfcfdiet.com  also has gf lists, but I
don't know about the cosmetics lists there.

I have found, however, that some things that are said by the
manufacturers to be gf still have minor glutens in them.  They just
think they are so minor that people will not react.  (But I react!)
Usually, when I call they tell me there is no way of knowing for sure
if there is gluten but if there were, it would be in the fragrances.

Continued ... (Part 2)