From:
Megan Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:38:52 -0400

Hello all,

I would like to hear from listmates out there who also have problems with
corn.  Specifically, are you able to tolerate any corn starch and/or corn
syrup, or must you avoid those also?

I have been successful with the GF diet for nearly 10 years while at the
same time avoiding obvious sources of corn.  For the first few years, I was
fine if I avoided corn chips, corn on the cob, etc., but I could tolerate
small amounts of corn starch and/or corn syrup.

Lately I seem to be reacting to just about everything I eat!  I am bloated
and have diarehea all the time.  At times it seems obvious that corn starch
is the trigger (although corn syrup still seems okay), but often it is just
happening for no apparent reason.

The docs say I have IBS and say just to take the Rx bentyl, which does
help, but I wonder if I'm doing damage to my gut.  Has anyone out there had
further success with strict corn elimination, similar to GF status?  I'd
love to hear from you.

Megan