Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Stump, Marion" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:48:12 -0500

Hello Listmates,
Thought you might be interested in the response I received from Butterball
Turkey regarding the gluten status.
Thank you for contacting the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line via the Internet!

When there are dietary concerns, we advise purchasing Butterball Fresh Turkey
and Butterball Fresh Breast of Turkey, which are all-natural and contain no
added ingredients. The breast meat of Butterball Frozen Turkeys, including
Butterball Frozen Stuffed Turkey, is moistness enhanced with a patented recipe
of ingredients to yield a more uniformly juicy and tender turkey after cooking.
Individual ingredients are specified on the labels of all Butterball Frozen
Turkeys and Butterball frozen line extension products. (Although wheat and rye
gluten-free, the recipe does include 0.5 ppm corn protein.)

Because Butterball Frozen Stuffed Turkey (and Butterball Stuffed Frozen Breast
of Turkey) is stuffed with a traditional bread stuffing, it does contain gluten.
The gravy packets that come with some Butterball Turkey products also contain
gluten.

If you have further questions regarding gluten in a Butterball product, please
call Consumer Affairs (1-800-325-7424). When calling, please have available the
UPC number of the product in question.

If you have additional questions don't hesitate to contact us again, or call the
Butterball Turkey Talk-Line at 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372) and speak
directly to one of our professional home economists. If you like, request the
complimentary "Holiday Entertaining" recipe booklet that's available to
Talk-Line callers.
Enjoy the best of all from Butterball and have a great Thanksgiving!
Also, I went to the Honey Baked Ham website.  Under FAQ, Honey Baked Ham is NOT
gluten free.
Happy Holidays!!

Marion Stump