From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:00:29 -0400
Mary wrote:

>I bought some chorizo from Lunardi's market.
>The ingredients are:
>
>pork, paprika, salt and garlic
>all natural, no preservatives, no artificial colors
>it is delicious
>would this be paleo?
>the brand name is:
>PALACIOS AUTENTICO CHORIZO ESPANOL
>
>product of Spain

Looks paleo to me.  Speaking of paleo store-bought foods, I found a
tomato sauce in a jar that is entirely paleo.  Although this will be of
interest to people in the US only, I thought it worth mentioning.  It's
"Patsy's" sauces, from Patsy's restaurant in NYC.  Most tomato sauce in
a jar that you find in stores is full of junk, but Patsy's is entirely
paleo.  Depending on which sauce you get (the Puttanesca is wonderful),
the ingredients are just tomatoes, garlic, olives or whatever, peppers,
etc.  Nothing else.  I sometimes like to have Italian sausages with a
bit of this sauce on them, accompanied with bell peppers, which I
sprinkle olive oil and oregano over and roast.  I also use the tomato
sauce with chicken breasts.  The Patsy's sauces are very expensive, but
worth it, I think.  Another brand that I find in supermarkets here
(Philly) is "Victoria's."  Looking at the labels, I've found that some
of these are paleo, but some aren't; it depends on which sauce you're
getting.

Todd Moody