ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:49:34 -0400
HI Guys,
Well it’s gone! Yesterday, a big truck came, and the buyers came and
after some very tense moments , our mobile home went up the driveway,
blocked the traffic at the end of the driveway, and finally, went away!
Yea!! Do you remember that lilac bush that I was so worried about last
summer, well, I’m starting to think that lilac bushes are like cats, with
nine lives or something. The truck pulled the home right over my bush. Oh
man, you should see it! There are tire tracks on either side of the bush,
but the home just sort of knocked it down and it popped up again once it
was passed. They also ran over a rock wall that we had built along our
driveway to protect our lilac bushes. The wall got dismantled, and one of
the rims on one of the tires of the home got bent so once they got the
house on the road they had to stop and change a flat, and then, we had to
cut some of the limbs on one of our neighbors trees, hope they’ll still
talk to us, but with a scrape and a reall scary moment when the home
almost tipped, it is gone! The best part is that Caleb and Liz were here
to see it all! It was great. The buyers are coming back later with a flat
bed truck to take away the front and back porch and all of the blocking
and so forth. Poor Honey, she climbs the porch steps and there is no
house to go into. She is so funny. Now, we’re just waiting for Rick to
come and finish up the landscaping and finish hooking up our water supply
properly. What an adventure!
Kathy
,

Now includes pop-up blocker!