ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:59:25 -0400
Hi Guys,
You know how life takes many twists and turns? Well, I hope that you
don’t mind this post, but our lives have just taken another twist and I
just need to talk my way through it. If you’re sick of hearing about the
ungoing saga of my family and the house and Christopher, believe me, my
feelings won’t be hurt if you just go ahead and push the delete key now.
I know that you all have your own lives to live and listening to me
grapple with the decisions in mine probably gets pretty boaring after a
while.
Anyway, this latest situation has to do with the sale of the mobile home.
I know, I know, you thought that that was a done deal, but it wasn’t.
Actually, the consignment people were still willing to take it, but Chris
had done so much damage to the place that they were more interested in
having us sell it "as is," and they would still get their commission,
rather than put the money into fixing it up and charge us for time,
materials and commission on top of it. They figured that we really
wouldn’t come out ahead, in the long run and there would also be a
further delay in getting any money just because selling something is just
an unknown anyway.
Well, we thought and prayed about it and we decided to contact the other
two people who had made offers on the house. Do you remember the first
couple that showed up, out of the blue, last August to look at our house?
Well, they had made the lower offer, but we liked them better and we
decided to sell to them. They are really pretty poor and they are living
in a 10 by 50, so our 14-80 was like a mansion to them. Anyway, they just
called this morning to ask if they could go a little lower because they
will need to use some of the money that they are borrowing to move the
thing. Greg and I prayed about it and decided to still let them have it
because, hopefully, they can have it out of here within a week and then
the contractor can come back in and bury our water line and finish the
landscaping around our new house.
I’m just feeling a lot of things through all this. First of all, I have
to deal with feelings of anger toward Chris because the damage that he
inflicted on our mobile home not only has cost us a great deal of money
now, but it looks, to others, as if we were horrible home owners and that
just isn’t true! If Chris had controlled himself, this place would have
stayed in pretty good shape and would have been pretty attractive on the
market. I just have to work through this.
Secondly, I pray that we aren’t being taken advantage of. I don’t thihk
that we are, but you just never know. I’m praying that God will still
close this door if it isn’t right and I’m praying that God will protect
us from injustice, but it’s frustrating to me that today, in this
society, I would even have to think that.
Finally, of course, I’m just disappointed that we aren’t going to realize
our asking price, which wasn’t high to begin with. I just pray that this
place really is a blessing to the buyers because they really do need it.
I know that with all the work that Greg is having to do at the post
office for now, we will be okay financially anyway. I guess that I just
don’t deal really well with having huge changes in plans and I’m just
writing this all out as a part of reviewing and accepting the decisions
that we have made.
Okay guys, please don’t send me a bill for this therapy moment. I don’t
think that I could afford the bill. Thanks, if you made it to this point,
for listening. I’ll be okay. I just wish that God’s voice were louder
sometimes so that I didn’t doubt.
God bless,
Kathy

Now includes pop-up blocker!