ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:55:36 -0400
I watched all the news this morning and heard all of those parents and
grandparents reading the names of all of those who died on September 11th.
It was such a sad thing to hear all those names spoken, and to know that
someone's wife, husband, son, or daughter was no longer a part of a family.
That family was left to carry on, buildings can be rebuilt, and once again
the New York sky line can look as it once did with towers reaching towards
the sun... but there will always be an empty space in each family that was
touched by the terrorists.  Why mustpeople be so evil?  How can hate rule so
in a person's heart that he is willing to take his own life in order to win
against what he feels is his enemy?  How can I cry over people I do not
know, and yet there are people who want to kill people they do not know?
I realize that good and evil exist in our world, and gives us all freedom of
choice, what is it that leads some to choose evil over good, love over hate,
war over peace?

I have never seen the World Trade  Center, though I am sure it was a great
building, but I can empathize with those who lost someone they love.  I know
what grief feels like, I have cried, so today I pray for all the families
and friends of those who are no longer here, I pray for peace and love to
increase in our world, and that each of us would take time today to say to
those with whom we live just how important they are to us and let them know
that they are loved!!!!
Rhonda