VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:39:53 -0400
-------- Original Message --------
From: Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Apparently from: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VICUG-L] hope someone can help
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 06:39:38 -0700

Hi Candy,

Did you know you can use Jaws on up to 5 computers?  Just install it on
any other computer you want to use.  As for installing it on an external
drive,  you can do this but I'm not sure you could just plug the external
drive into another computer and successfully use Jaws.  I'm sure Jaws adds
or changes some things on the computer in order to run smoothly.  Plus I
don't think Freedom Scientific would want to make their software quite
this portable as it could too easily be shared with non paying users.

If you want to try, Jaws prompts you sometime during the install as to
where you want to store the program.  The default location is the c drive
in your program files folder.  You can type over this to indicate your
external drive and a folder there.  You don't necessarily need a folder
but it is a good idea if you have other stuff on the external drive.  Let
us know if this works.  I wouldn't mind doing this too if it works.
Good luck.

Sherry Wells

    Send comments on list operation to
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask] all,

Hi all,
Well folks, here's the link to the downloads section of Freedom Scientific where you can download the USB thumb drive version of jaws for windows.
There's info on the page as well.

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_downloads/jaws.asp

take care,
Harry