From:
Dave Osofsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:43:18 -0600
I read the book "The Cholesterol Myth", and  I agree with the author's
conclusion that heart disease being caused by high cholesterol is
questionable, but at the same time, he does point out that VERY high
cholesterol levels CAN be dangerous, and I have a family history of high
cholesterol.  Unmedicated, and following a crappy diet, my cholesterol has
been as high as 425.  My goal in following a largely paleo diet is not only
weight loss, but also to be able to get off the cholesterol meds.