From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:04:15 -0600
Lynn wrote:

>Fat: 95  854  58%

It's hard for me to see where 95 grams of fat comes in, reading your
menu today.
a splash of olive oil at lunch, a little in the muffin, a little in the
meat,
unless you just drowned the fried cabbage in olive oil.

>Protein: 45 178 12%

45 grams of protein only about half of what you need as a minimum.
As others have pointed out, eating fruit and almost no protein or fat
for breakfast sets you up for failure. Cravings will eat you alive the
rest of the day. And lunch was practically calorie-free.  You need fuel!

>Am I not figuring fat and protein correctly? Am I understanding that I
>should eat protein at each meal?

ESPECIALLY  breakfast!.  Try eating the fruit with your evening meal
only.  Try eggs
and meat for breakfast, with no muffins, no nuts, no fruits.  You should
plan
on a minimum of 25-30 grams protein at each meal, plus smaller amt in
snacks, especially
in this early turn-around period. It's good advice to eat plenty of meat
at this
time, without counting grams, ounces, or calories, but it may take a
little while
to get used to the idea.  At this point, you're more likely to eat too
little
protein than too much.

    Lynnet