From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:05:51 +0100
>Date:    Sun, 29 Aug 2004 23:40:50 +0100
>From:    Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Hunger
>
>On Aug 29, 2004, at 10:19 pm, Michael Weis wrote:
>> Too bad they can't make a chicken that
>> doesn't have
>> white meat...oh, but then that wouldn't be very paleo, would it.
>
>Hmmm... a chicken that doesn't have white meat.  Could that be... a
>duck?  I could get that down me very easily :)

I've had chicken on a few occasions that was all brown meat. I think it just
depends on how the chicken is reared. If the chicken is sedentry and builds no
muscle then the meat stays white. The more muscle the browner the meat. It
probably depends on the breed of the bird too. The last one I had the legs
were almost the colour of welldone beef, the breast was lighter but still
brown. But then these chickens might as well be wild. They more or less look
after themselves.

Fran