ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:36:36 -0500
I like your thoughts, I was once in a church where one always had to be
doing something, pray an hour a day, read at least three chapters of the
Bible a day, attend church whenever something was going on, obligation! you
had plenty, not keeping them, or falling short brought condemnation, *guess
they didn't read the verse in Romans 8 about there being no condemnation*
It's odd when we stop and think about our relationship with God,
is he a vending machine where one need only insert the correct prayer in
order to get the desired outcome?
Is he some sort of magic charm where we have a limited number of wishes, and
need only ask and believe to receive them?
Some say God is a father, but many of our earthly fathers have damaged that
picture for us.

We  love, because we were  loved first, not because we  fear!
it's not a love Me or else kind of thing, it's like a revelation,
God knows everything about me, all the things only the walls know, and yet
He gave the ultimate sacrifice for me,

I love it when we have conversations about different topics, it's so
interesting to see what others think, and to be challenged to think myself.

Rhonda