ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:07:19 -0400
I was thinking, and I thought what if God had a dictionary.  What if it were
like Webster's dictionary and it had God's definitions for words like:
trust, peace, love, belief, forgiveness.  What do you think his definitions
would say?  How would they differ from your own definitions for the same
words?
In my case, I think that peace is: the absence of stress, while I think
God's definition would be: feeling asense of calmness despite circumstances
or problems.
Maybe I should change my definition to His, would get more sleep that way.

Father: I am just like the disciples who were worried during the storm, they
saw the waves, they felt the winds, and they were like me afraid.  They let
circumstances take their eyes off of you, Jesus slept while the storm spun
around him.  I want to trust You, but I find that because I have put my
trust in people and they have let me down, I am fearful of trusting You.
The truth is that You are not like people, past experience shows your
faithfulness to past generations and to me.  Give me your definition of
peace, your definition of trust!
for they are so much better than the ones I have been working with.
I have certainly learned much these past few years, Ihave seen  that love
does bear all things, and past memories of hurt can becolored by the light
of forgiveness, what was surely lost, can be restored, relationships and
peace of mind.  Remind me of these things, when I am awake at midnight, when
the"what if..." voices call to me.  These words are not from You.
When I am quiet, I can hear words that are true, I am loved, I am accepted,
there is a plan, and with these words in my heart, I will say goodnight God,

I love You.

Rhonda