ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:51:12 -0600
A very close friend of mine and who comes to our prayer meeting on Friday
nights needs prayer.  Keith builds houses for a living.  He is about 48
years old and still thinks he is a hippy.  He has long hair.  He is tall and
super skinny because he did a ton of dope, and a lot of speed in particular,
when he was younger and before he became a Christian.  He has been married
and divorced twice.  His first wife, by whom he had three children,
literally divorced him because he became a born again Christian.  To this
day, she wants nothing to do with Christianity.  His second wife, someone he
should have never married, was a woman I knew.  She divorced him recently
for basically the same reason, that is, he is too much of a dedicated
Christian for her liking.  Plus, she has many other problems but I don't
have time to author a book just on one person right now.

Anyhow, Keith signed up recently to become a Bible smuggler into china.  He
has been accepted.  the Christian organization that he will be working with
said the summer is already booked up with volunteers but if they get a
cancellation, they will call him and he will have to leave on a moments
notice.  Otherwise, it may be in the fall before he would go.  It is likely
a two week trip.  So pray he goes at the right time and remains safe.  He
told me last night, unless we see a dead body, no matter what they say, keep
praying because he'll likely still be alive.

Phil.3