C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:21:06 -0400
I remember the primary objective while I was growing up was to be
independent.  All my therapists as well as my parents encouraged it to
the point of it being the number one goal.  It was the same for polio
survivors and other disabled children of our generation, so no wonder
it's so hard for us to admit we need help. :(

I am still highly functional as my CP is in my legs, not elsewhere, but
I am in a wheelchair and some days it takes a lot more effort for me to
get my tail out of the door and go to work than others (like this morning!)

Kat