From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:34:45 -0400
I just use hyper terminal, or terraterm for packet, just basic
communications really and they work fine. My packet station isn't up full
time at this point, but I use it enough that I can offer some help.  I got a
used KAM for $25 about 2 years ago now I guess it was and it works great.
Main thing is I don't have a separate radio to use on packet so I don't keep
it on full time though now that my echolink radio didn't work out, my
TR-7950, I may just make up a cable and use that for packet full time on the
antenna in the attic which is not on my scanner but the indoor antenna on my
scanner works just as well for most things so I'll probably use that antenna
on my packet station.