From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 09:49:28 -0400
Hello ACB Radio Friends,

Have you ever thought it would be extremely convenient to have each days ACB
Radio Main Stream shows automatically sent directly to your desktop, or even
delivered directly to your portable MP3 player?

For five years ACB Radio has been looking for ways you can hear ACB Radio
away from the computer.  We know you don't always want to be stuck in front
of Winamp when listening to Blind Handyman, Main Menu, Marlaina, Tuesday
Topics, and all the other great shows on ACB Radio Main Stream.  Thanks to
the efforts of our talented ACB Radio web team headed up by Jeff Haris, now
you can take ACB Radio with you where ever you go and listen when ever you
choose!

Podcasting is taking the online world by storm with the BBC and CBC and a
number of other media outlets now offering content available for download.
Podcasting is based on technology known as RSS (Really Simple Syndication)
which allows you to check your favourite web sites for updates automatically
without you having to open up your browser.  Podcasting is a new way of
using RSS to automatically bring multimedia files including audio files
direct to your computer or portable device.  You need to take a few simple
steps, maybe download a free piece of software, and you are good to go!  Oh
and did we mention you do not need an iPod!

To learn more about Podcasting and how it works, check out last week's Main
Menu show now Available on-demand from the ACB Radio web site.

Once you've downloaded iPodder:
http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/download/index.php

Or Accessible iPodder:
http://www.webbie.org.uk/download/AccessiblePodcasterInstaller.exe

Or any of the other Podcast capable clients.  Just add the new public beta
ACB Radio Replay feed, the address for which is:

http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=replay

And take each days ACB Radio shows when you are ready for them.  You only
have to set this up once, and you'll always have the latest week's shows
available either on your computer or an your mp3 player of choice.

The possibilities are endless.  You could use this feed to share ACB Radio
shows with your friends or family who are not yet hooked up to the Internet,
or even use this material to make CDs which you can play in your CD or DVD
player.

The public beta ACB Radio podcast  is in active development and may not
always work exactly as anticipated.  But we do want to get this out for you
to test and let us know what you think in order that we can implement any
suggestions you may have.

Please direct your feedback and suggestions to:

All the best.
--
Dave Williams
ACB Radio, Connecting the Blind Community

This list is a service of ACB Radio, on the web at http://www.acbradio.org