From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:30:11 -0500
I blew the Astron Rs-20A as I described.  I blew a Astron RS-35M in the
same fasion because a strand of wire from a stranded power cable made
contact with the other lead and before I could snap off the power, my shack
was full of that good old burnt electrical smell!

Now, regarding the MFJ power supply mentioned in another post that I made
today, I had a final transistor short on my Icom 706 MkII, and with a
shorted load across the MFJ supply, it simply turned itself off until I
removed the shorted load.  That's the way it should be!
--Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]