From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:46:13 -0500
    Hi, all.

For Christmas, my XYL (Sue, KC8IFP) got me the new First Alert WX167
Emergency Alert radio.  The radio has great sensitivity and selectivity.  It
has all of the new EAS alert codes, in addition to all of the older Weather
Alert codes.  Some sighted assistance may be needed initially to program the
SAME codes for the counties of interest, but the programming process is very
easy and intuitive.  All you have to do is enter your state, and each county
you desire, and the radio does the rest.

The Users' manual, and a "quick start" guide are also available in text
format from the manufacturer's web site.

All and all, even though the radio is a bit pricy (i.e. about $79), it seems
to be well worth the money.

I'll keep everyone posted as I have more experience with this radio, but at
the current time, I can find no negatives, except maybe for the fact that
the speaker is somewhat small, which doesn't lead to as full of an audio
signal as you might find with one of the older Radio Shack weather radios
witha bigger speaker.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ