Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:11:00 +0900
From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Friday, April 8, 2005, at 08:02  AM, Ashley Moran wrote:

>  Maybe in a few years time I will
> extend this even more, and have alternate feeding/fasting days (my
> fasting days might include a few veg).  But my body isn't read for that
> yet.

Some funny anecdotes, I read in a farm magazine about research into
alternate-day feeding schedules for pregnant mother pigs. The
researchers found some benefits, but the farmers who tried it didn't
like it, for one thing it seemed cruel to them, and for another the big
mother pigs got so excited when the food came they were actually
dangerous to be in the pen with.

My college animal science prof also told us that an every-three-day
feeding schedule is most healthy for dogs, because it was similar to
the natural pattern. But no one does it because the dogs look so
unhappy. Even he couldn't do it.

Dogs and pigs and humans are on a continuum of omnivore to carnivore,
pigs a bit more herbivorous, dogs a bit more carnivorous. Maybe
meaningless, but interesting.