Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 19:47:26 -0700
7bit
From:
thetasig <[log in to unmask]>
Ashley Moran wrote:
> On Sep 04, 2004, at 11:35 pm, thetasig wrote:
>
>> You're right to be suspicious.  Bunch of hooey.  Nothing but a galvanic
>> measurement which tells nothing of nutrition or, for that matter,
>> anything much else.
>>
>> -=mark=-
>>

> You're probably right Mark.  I only took the test to prove my mum wrong
> (she didn't believe I had a dairy intolerance and continued feeding me
> butter on my food to see how I would react) so all I was bothered about
> was a positive reaction to dairy.  (And I guilted her into paying for it
> afterwards.)  Although oddly enough, while it picked up all forms of
> milk, yoghurt came out with no reaction.
[snip]

It is interesting to note that galvanic response can detect unease and
emotions such as guilt, apprehension, etc.  And I believe that we
innately know what foods cause us troubles (allergies or other).  So it
would be natural to show a galvanic response while holding a bottle of
milk that you [already] know to cause an allergic reaction.  The
instinct can be a powerful mirror of the way we are.  Sometimes those
gadgets can unlock our unconscious knowledge - but nothing paranormal.

-=mark=-