Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 19:55:28 +0100
From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Jul 04, 2004, at 12:05 am, Keith Thomas wrote:
> the typical diet of Homo sapiens in the natural habitat of
> the species consisted of a wide variety of different kinds of fresh
> vegetables, fruits, nuts and roots plus a certain amount of cooked,
> lean
> meat

I know several authors claim that humans evolved to prefer lean meat,
but where is the evidence or reasoning for this?  Fat is more energy
dense and can be stored, and organ meat is far more nutrient-dense.  It
was not long ago that this sort of diet was quite common in the west:
my granddad loved sheep brains, among other things we now consider
"off-cuts".  There is a logic too, that if you want a healthy [insert
organ here], you should eat some other animal's [insert organ here].
More and more, I find myself drawn to fat.  Given anything in the house
to snack on, I will eat liver pate and nuts over any lean meat, and I
much prefer oily fish to dry fish.

Ashley