From:
Margaret Jewett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Jewett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:49:30 -0400

Listies:

I have already had many responses, thanks!  I have been gluten free since I
was diagnosed 14 years ago, so much of what people sent me was very
familiar.

Regarding the hot chocolate:  a couple of reponses reminded me that it could
contain canola oil.  Many celiacs react to canola oil and I know I am one of
them.  It hadn't considered that--thanks for the tip.  I had two responses
where people stated they had trouble with the hot chocolate.

Regarding the hash browns.  Most of the summaries reminded me of the
problems with "supposed" dedicated fryers.  Even though an establishment
says the oil is free of contaminants, it may not be.  I have been eating the
fries at my local MacDonald's for years with no problems--I think I just got
too complacent.  Several people said they had trouble with Chik-fil-A gluten
free fries.

Thanks all!