From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:41:50 -0800

I originally asked if anyone on this list had "sweet kefir grains."  I had
heard once quite some time back about a less tart, thicker kefir called
kefiili.  I found one list mate who has this particular culture and that she
actually "invented" this particular culture in her own kitchen:

"I got the kefiili by mixing viili (from GEM cultures) with kefir grains
(from GEM also). By accident. On an email group I'm on we named it
"kefiili". ~ Heidi  Schuppenhiemer

So for those who are adventuresome, you may want to try this at home.  There
are various sources for information about regular kefir making (but not
kefiili), and getting kefir grains & other cultures ALL over the internet.
Here are some references:
http://66.46.11.99/clarkson/Show/Clarkson/kefir/default.asp, www.kefir.net,
ftp.newave.net.au/~dna/Makekefir.html, groups.yahoo.com/group/gregs_grains

Valerie in Tacoma