EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:54:28 -0800
I don't know if they're using the Mozilla Accessibility Extensions, but a
group at U Texas has developed some bridge software (called Sharkware) to
get Jaws working with Firefox.

My first impression after installing it is favorable. It's obviously still
young, but a very promising start.

Unfortunately the Sharkware project is drawing to a close, unless perhaps a
public outcry reaches the right people. However, email links to the faculty
guiding the project arre provided on the site.

The only reason I know anything about this is Kelly Ford's post to the
Webwatch group, copied below.

Patrick