EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:31:31 -0400
Hi all,

Marvin, there are many places where you can set up lists.  Most of them
require you to use a web interface.  Smartgroups, topica, yahoogroups
are the most well known of these groups.  Maelstrom would be a good
choice except that it isn't taking any new lists, I don't think.  If you
are good at reading web interfaces, then setting up a list is fairly
easy.

Caveat, if you plan to become a listowner, it is an ongoing job.  You
need to read all the messages on your list, you need to monitor the
error messages and probably subscribe and unsubscribe members.  You need
to know how to set up your list so that you will receive the least
amount of spam.  It's not a walk in the park.  If you plan to be a
listowner on a Jaws list for Australia, this will be a high traffic
list.  Suggest that you get a co-owner so that the tasks can be shared.

Frankly, if I were thee, I'd write to Freedom Scientific and ask them to
set up a list for you on their server.  They *should* be happy to do
this.  After all, it's a product list, and they could monitor it and get
feedback...Hmmmmm, dunnow as FS' policies are that logical.

Anyhow, those are my $.02.

Ann P.

Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring