From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:54:08 -0700

ENVIRO KIDZ BARS – 7 VOTES

1)For cereal bars, I keep a couple of boxes of Envirokids Crispy Rice Bars handy.  I have had both the Peanut Butter and the Chocolate but the PB is my favorite.  I know it is probably devoid of nutrition, but they are handy to throw in my purse for emergency snacking.  These say gluten free.

2)I've been snacking on bicycle rides with Envirokidz, an organic crispy rice bar.  I buy the berry flavor but it comes in chocolate and one othe flavor.  It has 21 grams of carbohydrates, but does not seem to give me the lift or endurance energy that a gluten bagel would, but it's the best I can eat. It tastes good and is only 110 calories.  On a long ride I suppose I could eat two and see if they will last longer.  I'll be anxious to see what others have found.

3)We do also eat the Envirokidz Crispy Rice Bars.  Everyone in our family has a different favorite, so I know they must all be good.  The Envirokidz rice bars from Nature's Path are great!  All three kinds; chocolate, peanut butter and berry.

4)Nature's Path EnviroKidz has a cereal bar that comes in three flavors - berry, chocolate, & peanut butter. They are really good, but a little on the sweet side.

5)EnviroKidz - Organic Crispy Rice Bar – Berry

6)I recently found some EnviroKidz granola bars in the grocery store.  So far I have only tried the peanut butter.  They are good but not great. They are good for traveling or keeping at the office for those afternoon munchies.

FAST FUEL – 1 VOTE

Fast Fuel hemp bars (www.fastfuelup.com)

FASTMEAL BARS – 1 VOTE

Similar to Sacha, Fastmeal is a filling meal bar. The difference is that Fastmeal is brown rice based. Available flavors are bound to add a delicious twist to breakfast or lunch on the go!  Found at www.nutballz.com

FRANKLY NATURAL  - 1 VOTE

(www.franklynatural.com) energy bars, 3 flavors, these aren’t too kid friendly – 2 VOTES

GENISOY  - 5 VOTES

1) Chunky Peanut Butter Fudge is gluten free - however, it is very dense - I didn't care for it at all.

2) The Genisoy Creamy Yogurt (peanut butter, I think) is also gluten free - I didn't try that one though.  I also buy the GeniSoy Southern Style Chunky Peanut Butter Fudge protein bar.  These are very nutritious but also high in calories.  I cut them in half and store in a snack baggie.  These are also good for emergency snacking.  These were on a list of gluten free items I once saw.  I have been purchasing them since but I'm a silent celiac so I can't tell you if they bother me or not.

3) My very favorite is the Chunky Peanut Butter Fudge soy protein bar.  It's yummy!

4) GeniSoy Extreme - Peanut Butter Fix

GLUTINO BERRY BARS  - 5 VOTES

1) Love them!.  They also make an apple flavor.

2) Hi --my son -12 years old- really likes Glutino Gluten free breakfast Bars.

His favorite is blueberry.  They come 5 to a package.

3) My younger child likes the Glutino blueberry breakfast bars.(Also at Healthway in Annandale).

GO NATURAL BARS – 1 VOTE

Go Natural bars

GOVINDA – 4 VOTES

1)I enjoy Bliss Bars by Govinda:  Brazil Pine Devine, Pumpkin Pleasure, Almond Cashew Sublime, Sesame  Sensation, Heavenly Hazel, Macadamia Bliss.

2)We buy Bliss Bars at Whole Foods or Healthway , the Macademia Madness flavor. They are made by Govidnas.  My 9 y.o celiac is very picky and had rejected ALL others' so far.  They are both gluten and dairy free.

HERSHEY’S – 1 VOTE

Hershey's Smart Zone energy bar in chocolate and strawberry (not sure of other flavors) is gluten free.

HOUSE OF DAVID – 1 VOTE

If you eat oats… try BAR OF JUDAH Health Bars Based On The Bible At last!! Something new and exciting in the health bar category. That’s because Logia: Foods of the Bible has combined the perfection of biblical nutrition into four heavenly nutritional bars. No chemical additives, no artificial sweeteners, no preservatives, no soy. Just pure foods as God intended (see Genesis 1:29) INGREDIENTS: Rolled Oats, Honey, Raisins, Peanuts, Crisp Brown Rice, Almonds (ALL CERTIFIED ORGANICALLY GROWN) KOSHER CERTIFIED ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS ORGANIC NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS

$42.96

KRAFT – 2 VOTES

1) Kraft South Beach Diet Meal Replacement Bars (these are manufactured on equipment that processes tree nuts, sesame seeds, eggs and wheat).  They come in 3 flavors: Chocolate Peanut Butter Flavor, Chocolate Crisp Flavor, Cinnamon Creme Flavor.  Kraft is a company that clarifies any questionable ingredients on their labels, and these 3 bars have no questionable ingredients.

2) I think some of the Kraft South Beach Diet Meal Replacement Bars are gluten free.

JACKSON WHOLE BAR – 2 VOTES

1)Also,,there is another one I have found,,that my husband as 'begged for me to order more!' Jackson Whole Bar out of Jackson Wy.   www.thewholebar.com  888-307-6644  She is a Nutritionalist, with a drs degree,,my mind is escaping me right now for the 'title',, The other nice thing about this bar,,,as you could read on the web site,,,,,the 'base' is not oats,,it is cashews!! Expensive BAR! $2.50.

2)Jackson Whole Bars made by a naturalist in Jackson Hole, WY

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson