Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jennifer DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:17:31 -0500

I want to thank the 24 responses that I received in such a short amount of
time regarding the Thanksgiving Feast at my 3 year old's school.  I was
truly touched at the outpouring from fellow listmates.  I am so glad that
we have this "place" to come and ask any questions and get so many
people/parents to take the time out and their busy schedules and answer
them.  we are also very lucky to have a teacher who is so "together" and
doesn't exclude my daughter in any way.

My daughter was diagnosed when she was 18 months through a bloodtest with
CD and has been GF ever since.  We were told that we were lucky that we
caught it so early.  Thank God for good doctors.  Her growth has been
tremendous since going GF.  It was much easier since she is our only child
keeping her GF then if she was a 2nd or later.  She is even learning now
what is ok and not ok for her to eat.

Everyone said that Boars Head Oven Gold Turkey is gluten free.  I received
some posts that Butterball was gluten free also, but when I was in the
grocery store yesterday, I read the Butterball sliced turkey ingredients
and it said modified food starch and turkey broth.  So I think I will
stick with the Boars Head.

I also received several receipes for gluten free stuffing, but I think I
may go with the mashed potato idea since most said their kids didn't eat
the stuffing.  Not sure if my daughter would eat it either.  Maybe for
Thanksgiving we'll try it.  Someone said that Tostitos has a stuffing mix
that is like Stovetop.

Some other ideas were sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, GF
pumpkin pie, corn, peas, and green beans.

Thanks again everyone for all these great ideas.  Looks like my little one
will have a great Thanksgiving Feast!

Jennifer
NJ