From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:01:19 -0400

Everyone is clammering to know the name of the restaurant that screwed up and gave me wheat last week.

I wasn't trying to send out a warning of a specific place. The point I was trying to make is that this is a place is highly aware of being gluten-free, more than anywhere else I dine, and has done excellent work for the 10 or so years that I've gone there (often). They made one mistake in 10 years. To me, that's not enough to condemn them to our archives and international scandal.

My intent was to reinforce that no matter where we eat, we need to be aware of the risk.

And, it wasn't my doing. I couldn't have done more if I went into the kitchen and cooked it myself! (sic).

To put your minds at ease, I will say it was near the Marlton Circle. If you don't know where that is, knowing the restaurant's name is irrelevant. I did send the name out to our local CSA list, since we're more likely to go there...well, not me at this point. Thanks for all of the comments.

Lin