From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:25:09 -0400

We ;have so many new people who haven't checked out the archives, that I thought I should resend info about leaky gut syndrome.  I originally sent this years ago, based on info given me by my nutrtionist, who teaches on the graduate level.

Celiac wipes out the villi in the small intestine, resulting in lactose intolerance and leaky gut syndrome, which if not dealt with can lead to colon cancer.

To reverse and heal the villi, take WITH EACH MEAL....one l-glutamine capsule along with a probioitics complex.  The original dosage was 500mg of glutamine, but some md's prescribe 1,000mg.  Glutamine is a catalyst which makes the ;probiotics work better.  It has an extra added benefit of getting oxygen to the brain.   Our md gave it to my mother, post stroke...she claimed it "was like a curtian lifting and I could think clearer".  Atkins always gave his diabetics one glutamine with each meal.

You will start to feel better within a few days and your gut will be totally healed within 5 months as opposed to as long as 5 years with just a gf diet.  Of course, during this time you must avoid cow's milk and cow's milk products which will undo the good you've done.  Switch to goat's milk and goat's milk cheese.  Note: I stay away from soy milk.  There were several studies which indicated that daily intake of soy lead to premature death of brain cells.  People in the Orient do NOT consume soy on a daily basis.