From:
Jim Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:38:16 -0700

Here is a quote from an April 12th. posting about Health Valley Rice and
Corn Crunch-Ems:

"I just got off of the phone with Healthy Valley, the manufacturers of
Rice Crunch-ems and Corn Crunch-ems. The cereals are manufactured with
gluten free ingredients but are manufactured in a plant that
manufactures wheat cereals. The cereals are not considered to be gluten
free due to cross- contamination. Eating these cereals could put you at
risk."

But here is a quote from a letter I received from The Hain Celestial
Group, parent company or Health Valley:

"In regards to the Health Valley Rice Crunch-Ems, the ingredient
statement would reflect any gluten containing ingredients. We use good
manufacturing procedures to avoid any trace amounts due to cross
contact."

That letter was from the Consumer Response Representative.

Presumably the same statement would be true of their Corn Crunch-Ems.

I realize that this could create confusion in the minds of some Celiacs,
but others may conclude that it is safe to include these cereals in
their diet.

Jim Freeman

San Leandro