From:
Louise Van Wey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louise Van Wey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:16:01 -0500

Can anyone tell me if they experience a racing heart, dizziness, or brief
loss of consciousness after accidentally ingesting gluten?

As a child, before being diagnosed, I had frequent fainting spells.  I am
now 25 and until recently, they were far less common for me, but they seem
to have started again.  Earlier this week I almost passed out and had to
stay in bed all evening because I could not even sit up without getting
dizzy again, and I cannot figure out why.  I don't think I ate anything I
should not have, but I can't think of any other reason this would start
happening again.

I would really appreciate any input -- ideas of what causes this (is this a
Celiac thing, or something else?), what I can do to prevent it, or what to
do as it is happening to feel better quickly.  Thank you!!

--Louise