From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:58:06 -0400
I have been making cinnamon water to use for tea. I've tried various ways.
By far the most successful is taking one gallon of water (I was spring
water from a clear bottle to avoid the chlorine and fluoride), put in 4 oz
of cinnamon sticks, and heat to boiling. I then put it on the floor and
loosely wrap a down comforter around it. It will stay hot for maybe 12
hours, or longer. Then refrigerate. What I haven't yet succeeded in doing
is getting it back into the gallon bottle. Funnels are either absurdly
small, or for canning and have a spout that is too big. But I haven't yet
made it to a serious store, like Zabar's mezzanine, to look for something.
For now I have been ladling it out of the pot.

This is quite strong. I could dilute it. But I'm getting used to the kick
it gives. No doubt it could be used for more than for tea.

I plan to make my second batch tonight. I will see how long it stays hot.
Then if I can figure what temperature that it becomes unsafe, that should
be when to refrigerate.

Don.