From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:26:04 -0500
It would be great if we could get a grassfed, organic meat company to
sponsor a modern-day year long Stefanson type all-meat diet experiment with
a few men and a few women.  I'd sign up for it in a heartbeat.  In the
interim, I think I may try 3-4 all meat days per week.  I guess I'm still
chicken to commit 100% for fear of constipation, thyroid slowdown etc.  I
also wonder if those fears could affect the outcome.  In Stefanson's
writings, he mentioned that they selected the other explorer precisely
because they wanted someone who wasn't convinced that all-meat was
unhealthy because that could affect the results. Anyway, when I start the 3-
4 day per week experiment -- I'll report my results.  I'm most interested
in the effect on exercise, especially interval training.  I've recovered
from surgery this winter and am now getting back full-swing at the gym.