From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:23:11 -0800
Bearing in mind that I am not a nutritionist, I would set up my meals to
be about 40% lean protein (chicken, white turkey, bison), 35% mixed
carbs, and about 25% fat.  Each meal is about 200 calories or so.  When
I reduce the fat even further, I get better results.  For me, mixed
carbs is, essentially, raw yams eaten like carrots and other,
green-leaved veggies such as broccoli, asparagus, etc.  Fats can come
from avocados and other foods such as nuts; sometimes I'll eat a little
raw butter.  The trick for me is to not eat grains and to not eat too
much fat (this encourages the body to burn more stored fat).

The other part of the equation for me is to exercise most muscles in the
body.  I use weight machines to warm up the muscles (arms, shoulders,
abs, chest, legs) and burn off the glucose(?), then switch to "fat burn"
aerobic exercise (heart rate not too fast; can still speak without being
gasping) which starts burning body fats as fuel.  I can burn off about
300+ calories in 1 hour of exercise (stationary bicycle, treadmill,
etc.) without much exertion.  In 2 weeks I lost 2% body fat this way.

If I cheat and eat the "wrong" foods then the percentage of fat loss
drops.  One thing I've noticed is that my weight isn't going down that
much - means I'm building muscle while losing girth and fat.

Regards,

-=mark=-

Kristina K. Carlton wrote:

>>If one changes to a 5-7 meals a day plan (from 2-3 meals), the body will
>>[snip]
>>
>What would you recommend if someone is already doing that?

[snip]