From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:11:35 -0600
>When I was living on the tiny feudal island I used to go through a hole in
>a hedge to the farm next door early every morning. I'd carry a big
>enamelled jug which I could dip into a large tub of creamy milk still warm
>from the cows. I confess to skimming off more cream than I should have ;-)

I am trying to be completely open-minded and fair in regards to this issue.

On another list I had a rather lengthy "debate" with a WAP enthusiast
regarding this issue. His contention was that fresh raw milk contained,
still active within it, the necessary enzymes (lactase, galactase) to
properly digest and assimilate the milk - enzymes that pasteurization would
certainly destroy. While I am not completely sold on his claims that fresh
raw milk from a known source is "harmless", his theory regarding the
enzymes does have some merit. And, perhaps explains why you seemed to not
have adverse reactions at that time vs. nowadays.

And, while we are on the milk subject, recently something was posted
regarding research into milk and grain pertides and ADHD. Someone requested
more info, but I do not recall seeing it posted. Was it posted? Or, are we
still waiting for it?

Also, and here I'm changing subjects - a few months ago a link to, I
believe, a BBC article regarding evidence of fire use over a million years
ago (1.2 million is the figure I remember). I searched the archives, but
could not remember who posted it or what the subject was. In other words,
my search came up nil. If you are reading this, could whomever please
repost that link? Thanks.