From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:30:09 -0700
On Friday, Sep 17, 2004, at 07:36 US/Pacific, Kristina K. Carlton wrote:
> So how does that fit in with paleo, particularly teh "excessive protein
> intake". I probably eat anywhere from 25 to 35 ounces a day but could
> easily
> eat more. I didn't think that was excessive. I also wonder how they
> came up
> with the normal ranges?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Kristina

We see this in the rawfed dogs, too. The "normal" values have been
determined by the SAD eaters in both populations, I'd say, and a diet
which eschews a lot of the common carbs will test a bit higher because
there is more protein by ratio. None of this is an indicator of kidney
disease in folks who eat as we do; we'll have to come up with other
tests to determine function if needed. I'm not concerned, and I eat a
LOT of protein too.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!