NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:07:32 -0500
  Hi everyone!!  Tyler saw the pulmonologist for his check up today....he thought we should be seen at end of March due to change in seasons....and I guess he was right LOL!  Tyler is fine...he is asymptomatic as far as asthma goes...has been a few weeks since any incident, though he does cough if he runs around too much!  Doc said he sounds all clear.  He still has some lingering fluid in left ear from his ear infections a few weeks ago (this makes me nervous but pulmo didn't seem concerned).  Since Tyler is still coughing if he runs around, esp. outdoors, and has runny nose/eyes while outdoors and gets a little cranky on nights after spending time outdoors we did some skin prick testing (which I expected to be all negative as his allergies have NEVER shown up on SPT or RAST) and he showed reactions (I did not ask wheal size) to mold, trees, grasses, and dogs...yes dogs!  Doc said do NOT get rid of our dogs....just don't let them sleep in Tyler's room and get an air purifier for his room.  He was negative to dust and cats.   Doc gave us Flovent to be used with an aero chamber 2 puffs 2x a day for maintenance.  He also gave us Albuterol, 2 puffs with aero chamber to be used 15 minutes before running around and/or if an attack happens.  He also said continue on with Singular daily and added Zyrtec nightly to our maintenance.   So, things are under control.  The doc did not test for foods, says we will, but not right now as it will probably not change our course of action anyway (I.e.--we're not going to give milk or peanuts  even if test is negative).   Now, I hope Tyler cooperates with the aero chamber and takes the Zyrtec as easily as he takes the Singular!!!  Will keep ya posted!!

  Nancy
  w/ Tyler 5/6/01, allergic to milk and fish; outgrew soy and egg; we avoid all peanuts and tree nuts; EAs to trees, grass, mold and dogs; asthma
  *and* Hunter 8/23/03, allergic to milk and soy and probable more?!; reflux; on Neocate, rice and oatmeal and bananas!!