C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Rebecca Wanha <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:40:14 -0500
I just wanted to introduce myself.  I am the mom of 4 children.  I have a 14, 12, and 10 year old sons and then I have my little surprise package who is 2 1/2.  Annika has just been diagnosed with spastic diaplegic CP.  The origin of this is that she had bacterial meningitis when she was 2 1/2 months old.  When she left the hospital she was hypertonic throughout her whole body and was HOH.  Well, through some real hard work her upper extremeties are just wonderful. In fact in some things she is above age appropriate in her OT area(though don't mention this to her insurance company) but we have struggled with her legs.  She currently can ambulate with the aid of a walker.  She received her first dose of Botox in the beginning of July.  Not until recently did anyone mention to me that she had CP.  In my mind this was not her.  Through research and the like I know understand why this diagnosis not only fits her but explains some things.

Rebecca Mom of 4
Marcus 14
Daniel 12
Jon 10