From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 09:27:23 -0800
Hi Lou,

I don't know what you currently have or how the 570 or 870 work but on the
TS-200, and I assume on the 480, the power out is set by the multi function
control.  On the 2000 I press the power button and then can turn the control
which clicks each turn.  At the top and bottom of the range there is an
audible beep and the power is defaulted at 5 watts per click.  So, if I want
to use 75 watts to drive my amp I just hit the power button, turn the knob
clockwise until I hear the beep and then count backward 95, 90, 85, 80, 75
and press the power button again.  I find in looking at the PT-2000 meter
that this is quite accurate.  Mic gain, compression level and gain work
exactly the same way and you can also change the power setting so that each
click is 1 watt.

Perhaps the 570 owners out there can confirm if it acts this way but I'm
sure the 480 will and it sounds like it also reads the power out.  Yahoo!

Take care and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX
Navy Marine Corps MARS:  NNN0SHS