From:
Millers Manor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:48:24 -0400
  Hi everyone,
I hope this isn't too basic a question--especially since I've been a ham for about 19 years.

I've used a desk mic with only one of my rigs and every time I've used one, I have found myself leaning into the mic or picking it up and holding it so that I don't sound echoy. I always "cross talk" my hand mics and place boom mics close to my lits but in a position that avoids any pops or breath noise. I've never really trusted my Sure 444 desk mic not to make me sound like I was talking from inside a hollow drum.

What have you folks found when using desk mics? How do you reassure yourselves that you don't sound too echoy (besides asking for audio reports, which can get annoying)?

73

Ron Miller

N6msa
SKYPE username arjay1