From:
Millers Manor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 23:26:17 -0400
  Hi Lou and everybody,
Your choice about which way to go with a new device is pretty needs driven and outside the normal scope of this list--but, what I'd like to do is respin the topic just a gbit and ask you folks to keep on the lookout for ham radio related apps that are intended to work with the Pocket PC platform. I'd really like to try them with the PAC Mate. My first foray into this new teritory is not actually ham radio related--but is fun. Skype works really well on the PAC Mate. If anyone wants to set up a Skype qso to see how the PAC Mate sounds, let me know. My second prject along these lines is a program to control the Yaesu FT817 with the PAC Mate. I'm playing with the app, but don't have a rig to actually test with. I plan to find someone who has one when I get more familiar with the app, etc.

73

Ron Miller