From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:19:36 -0700
Buddy, my heart goes out to you.  I'm now nearly 66 years old.  My wife and
I wanted children as soon as we got married 38 years ago.  When we found out
that there were 15 sets of parents already approved for every baby under age
5 we knew that we didn't have a snow ball's chance in hell of being chosen.
Finally, we did the next best thing.  We took in foster children for 22
years.  NO, it isn't the same but it was the best we could do.  We had about
60 children over a 22 year period 6 at a time.  We didn't want six at first
but the need is so great and we were so good at it that they just kept
pressuring us to take more.  If only we could convince more girls to have
their babies instead of killing them before they are born we would all be
better off.

Back on topic; thanks a lot for the information.  It will be a while before
I get back into the swing of ham radio and learn all that I need to know to
get a license.