Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:17:41 -0600
I operated fD with the ozone amateur radio club in Slidell Louisiana
as I have for the past 3 years now.  Callsign was w5sla in case you
wroked us.  I spent most of my time on 20 meters which went dead on me
after about 3:00 A.M. cdt.  A young new general got most of the mic
time on 40.  I think I did make a coupel of 40 meter cw contacts and
sent our field day message to the sm on a traffic net.

I was field day chairman this year for the second year in a row.  wE
had a marine hf vertical and a folded dipole as well as my 20 meter
bazooka.  I brought dipoles for 40 and 80 as well, but my 80 had been
up in the air too long and was a gone goose when we tried to put it
up, it disintegrated so I left it in a trash can but salvaged the good
coax.
Had some technical snafus and should have only operated 2a as the
third station didn't get manned as much as I"d like, but a neat
potluck dinner and lots of fellowship and socializing and fun.  THe
generator performed flawlessly and the field day site was at the the
local national guard camp.  My old ROtweiller dog entertained the
other late night operator's kids who should have gone home with his
wife but hung around and when they woke early the pooch entertained
the little ones.
I sent my xyl for cofee at the local McDonalds as soon as they opened
at 6 A.M. SUnday morning and logged with a slate and stylus until she
returned.  Had to have coffee!!!

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania

Braille:  support true literacy for the blind!