NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:42:44 EST
Hello,

My name is Bonnie, and I am new to this list.  I was diagnosed with a milk
allergy about 10 years ago, but I have stubbornly refused to give up dairy.
Well, as a result of my stubbornness, I have suffered from a variety of
debilitating health problems, all of which I now believe to be connected to my milk
allergy in some way.  Yesterday, I finally took the bull my the horns and decided
to go cold turkey -- permanently.

I have a question about calcium supplements...

I currently take Caltrate Plus and Tums.  Are these safe for people with milk
allergies?  I have looked at the ingredients of each and don't see any
obvious milk (casein, whey, lactose, etc.).  However, I'm wondering if either of
these contain "hidden milk."

Thanks in advance for any info,

Bonnie