NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"J.T. & Dale Robin Lockman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:04:31 -0500
Randy wrote:

> > McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and Arby's all have brochures available
> > for the asking with the ingredients of all foods.
>
>         How about Boston Market? Any one know if they have brochures available?
 Randy

Timely question! I recently wrote to Boston Market asking whether any of
their foods are safe for a milk allergic person.  I also inquired about
whether their chicken contained MSG.

I received a personal phone call, a personal letter including the info
discussed in the call, and a follow-up handwritten note from the local
Boston Market manager with coupons for meals.  Pretty responsive, as
these things go, wouldn't you say?!  They will not, however, list
recipes or specific ingredients, (Secret, they say), but will answer any
questions about what is NOT in their products.

The result?  The only food at Boston Market I feel safe feeding Aaron is
the chicken itself.  Not the turkey or any of the side dishes...not only
did they all seem to contain milk in some form, but even Boston Market
itself warns that because of the way in which these things are served,
cross contamination of side dishes is possible.  The chicken seems to be
prepared in a separate area, so is a safer bet all around.  The rep we
talked with suggested to ask that the utensils be free of any gravy when
serving your meal, as that would be the most likely source of milk
nearby.  Sounds plausible to me, I guess.  We have tried Boston Chicken
on several occasions with Aaron, and he has never had any noticeable
reaction, and he is quite sensitive.  We just use our own veggie and
pasta and fruit that we always carry with us anyway for side dishes for
him.

Hope this helps!

Dale Robin Lockman, Ima (Mom) to Seth and Aaron
West Kennebunk, Maine