From:
Roberto Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roberto Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:09:58 -0700

Hi,
 I have been talking with my allergist and we have concluded that most
of the celiac skin problems (allergies in general) is strongly related
with the dermatitis herpetiforme. He believes that this special type of
dermatitis has not been studied at length. For example, I have had a lot
of problems with the deodorants, I mostly use non-scented and
hypo-allergenic deodorants, but very frequently I have dermatitis in
that area. The typical herpetiforme (with that sort of blisters) is the
worst case, but in general all the skin reactions of celiacs are
strongly related to the general symptoms of the disease.

The typical dermatitis I always have is in a side of the elbows and in
my back and wrist. I blamed many years the detergent, but we couldn't
connect it completely.

I have had problems with many lotions, perfumes, bug repelents, creams,
and body soap.
It would be very interesting to get some comments about your skin
allergies, I will comment your symptoms to my doctor.

Roberto