From:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:28:15 -0700

My question was this...
"Does anyone know who created the website glutenfreedrugs.com  ?  I can't seem to find that information from the website, so why would I believe what they print??"

I received countless reponses from those who wanted to know the same.  A couple said they have found errors in it, so they do not trust it.  Another said it is a very old list.
 A few sent me the "whois" results from a search online:
Registrant:
Plogsted
7694 Cashel Court
Dublin, Ohio 43017-2646
US

Domain name: GLUTENFREEDRUGS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Plogsted, Steven  [log in to unmask]
    7694 Cashel Court
    Dublin, Ohio 43017-2646
    US
    614-794-8960
Technical Contact:
    Hostmaster, PowWeb  [log in to unmask]
    2168 S. Atlantic Blvd
    Monterey Park, CA 91754
    US
    626-675-8670

Registration Service Provider:
    PowWeb, Inc., [log in to unmask]
    310-278-8926
    http://powweb.com
    This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
    DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 03-Dec-2003.
Record expires on 13-Feb-2009.
Record created on 13-Feb-2002.

And two people wrote me to say:
"Glutenfreedrugs.com was created and is maintained by Stephen Plogsted PharmD.
Steve is a pharmacist at Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. He has about 12-15 years of experience working with people who have celiac disease and calling companies to get the bottom line on the source of their ingred
ients . He does a very thorough job ."

Those two people have received another email from me asking:

"Why hasn't Dr. Plogsted taken responsibility for his work and put his name on it?  There seems to be no names, contacts or updates listed on the website.  I will not take a stranger's word for it that something is GF, an
d I certainly can't take the word of "no one".   The website is incomplete.  A contact with credentials and a regular update would help to instill some confidence for me and the countless others who have expressed the sam
e interest since I posted this question on the listerve.
Please forward our concerns to the doctor.  Thank you."

I am also sending these concerns to the email address above in the "whois" [log in to unmask]  While I am grateful for the work put into this, I am concerned that omitting a name, credentials and updates gives it no
 credibilty whatsoever.  Dr Plogsted's "thorough job" has holes in it.  He deserves to be commended for his work, not hide behind it.